Louisiana has some of the highest auto insurance rates in the country, with average annual premiums in excess of $4,300. But drivers looking for the cheapest car insurance in Louisiana can do much better than that. Here’s a look at the companies that offer the best car insurance rates for several popular driver profiles.
- Cheapest for typical drivers: Louisiana farm insurance office
- Cheapest for drivers who have had previous accidents: Louisiana farm insurance office
- Cheaper for drivers with previous speeding tickets: Louisiana farm insurance office
- Cheapest for young drivers: Louisiana farm insurance office
- Cheapest for top drivers: Safeway Insurance
- Cheaper for drivers looking for minimal coverage: Gekko
- Cheapest for drivers with poor credit: Safeway Insurance
Cheaper for typical drivers
The average female driver with a clean record pays about $3,452 per year for auto insurance in Louisiana, and the average male driver pays $3,543 per year. But those who choose Louisiana Farm Bureau Insurance pay a much lower rate. Females pay about $2,349 annually while men only pay $2,315 annually.
These companies also top the list of the best car insurance companies in Louisiana:
- Safeway insurance, where female drivers pay $2,513 annually and males pay $2,568 annually
- Progressive, whose average annual premiums are $2,874 for female drivers and $3,040 for male drivers.
Cheapest for drivers who have had previous accidents
A single accident raises average car insurance premiums in Louisiana to $5,099 per year. Once again, the Louisiana Farm Bureau Insurance offers the most affordable rates, with an average annual premium of $2,710.
These insurance companies also offer the best car insurance in Louisiana for drivers with an accident history:
- Safeway insurance, which charges these drivers approximately $3,178 per year
- Safe car insurance, these drivers pay about $4,413 annually
Cheaper for drivers with previous speeding tickets
Louisiana Farm Bureau is also a great option for those with speeding tickets. Its average annual premium for drivers with just one ticket is $2,423. That’s well below the state average of $4,460 for these drivers.
These companies also offer low-cost Louisiana car insurance for drivers with speeding tickets:
- Safeway insurance, these drivers pay around $2,628 annually
- Progressive, these drivers pay about $3,972 a year for auto insurance in Louisiana
Cheaper for young drivers
Teen drivers pay an average of $10,271 a year for auto insurance in Louisiana. But fortunately, many companies offer much lower rates, including Louisiana Farm Bureau Insurance. Its average price for these drivers is just $5,420 per year.
Teens can also find cheap car insurance in Louisiana through these companies:
- Allstate, where the average 18-year-old driver pays $6,405 a year for auto insurance in Louisiana
- Safe car insurance, which charges teens about $7,736 a year on average
Cheaper for senior drivers
The typical 65-year-old driver with a clean record pays $3,379 per year for auto insurance in Louisiana. This time, it is Safeway who offers the best price. Seniors only earn about $2,186 a year.
Seniors can also get cheap Louisiana car insurance quotes through these companies:
- Louisiana Farm Bureau Insurance, which charges seniors about $2,236 a year
- Safe Auto, where seniors pay about $3,019 for car insurance in Louisiana
Cheaper for drivers looking for minimal coverage
Minimum car insurance in Louisiana costs drivers about $1,167 per year. However, Geico provides the same coverage for about half the cost – $665 per year.
These companies also offer cheap car insurance in Louisiana:
- Louisiana Farm Bureau, where minimum coverage costs $872 per year
- Progressive, which charges about $914 a year for minimum car insurance in Louisiana
Cheapest for drivers with poor credit
Drivers with poor credit pay about $5,867 annually for auto insurance in Louisiana. But those who choose Safeway can find more reasonable coverage at $3,102 a year.
Those with bad credit can also find affordable car insurance in Louisiana with these insurance companies:
- Louisiana Farm Bureau Insurance, which charges drivers with bad credit about $3,477 a year on average
- Safe car insurance, these drivers pay $4,491 a year on average
Average cost of car insurance in Louisiana compared to the national average
How much is car insurance in Louisiana? It depends on several factors, including the driver’s age, accident history, make and model of the vehicle, and more. Unfortunately, however, Louisiana rates tend to be well above average. Here’s a look at how his rates stack up for some of the above profiles in the rest of the country.