The January 2022 transfer window is open (find when it closes here), and there’s a lot of gossip swirling around who’s moving in. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumors, comings and goings, and of course, expired deals!
Top story: Arthur’s agent talks to Arsenal
Arsenal keep pressing for a deal to bring in the Juventus midfielder Arthur to the Emirates on loan, and Goal.com reported that his agent Federico Pastorello was seen at London Colney’s training ground on Wednesday.
Mikel Arteta’s side are keen to bring the Brazil international to London for the remainder of the season, but Juventus are reluctant to give them the green light for the deal before they find a replacement.
Arsenal manager Edu has reportedly had face-to-face talks with Pastorello and is keen to get the deal done as quickly as possible.
Arteta wants to bolster his midfield options following Ainsley Maitland-Niles’ move to Roma, and hopes Edu will continue to push the protracted negotiations forward.
Arthur, 25, is said to be open to a move to the Premier League, which he considers the best in the world.
The Brazilian has found his chances at Juventus limited this season, but the Italian giant still considers him an essential part of Massimiliano Allegri’s squad. He started – and starred – with Juventus in their 4-1 win over Sampdoria in the Coppa Italia on Tuesday night.
– ESPN + viewers guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup and more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Get instant pass
– After rumors surfaced on Wednesday that Barcelona were keen on a draw dry To fend off interest from Liverpool and Manchester City, Chelsea now appears keen as well, according to El Nacional. Chelsea has already looked outside Blaugrana About the duo Frenkie de Jong And Sergino DestBut now they are said to be “very serious” about 17-year-old Jaffe. The midfielder currently has a low release clause in his contract and would therefore cost in the region £42m, and the Blues would be able to offer him a significant increase on his current salary.
Real Madrid join Liverpool in the signing race Calvin PhillipsAccording to the newspaper Nacional. Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti is said to be obsessed with the 26-year-old England international and considers him the perfect replacement. Casemiro. Phillips has been in perfect shape for Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United this season, prompting Liverpool to prepare a £33.4m bid. Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich are also linked with the midfielder.
Barcelona’s Brazilian scout Jose Manuel Parla watches the 15-year-old Palmeiras striker indrikAccording to the sport. The young man plays in Copa Sao Paulo Junior, the most important youth cup tournament in Brazil, and it is the third match in a row in which he participates. Blaugrana I watched the star in action. Endrick has been compared to both Romario and Ronaldo in Brazil, even though he hasn’t played 90 minutes for Palmeiras since he recently recovered from COVID.
– Paul Pogba Ralph Rangnick has said he wants to see the end of his contract with Manchester United and the current season before he joins Real Madrid for nothing in the summer, according to Marca. Pogba’s current deal expires at the end of the current season and the World Cup winner is believed to have told club representatives he sees his future away from Old Trafford. The Rangnick deal also expires in the summer, although the interim chief said he believes Pogba still has a lot to offer United.
– Key decision-makers at Bayern Munich believe that Borussia Moenchengladbach is a midfielder Denise Zakaria He is the perfect candidate for refreshing midfield options in the summer, according to Florian Plettenberg. Zakaria is available on a free transfer at the end of the season, and with Bayern Munich’s midfield jeopardized by injury and players pondering their futures, they feel the move in January could help them steal rival clubs.